Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Ancillary products

In addition to my short-film, it is also necessary to develop two ancillary products. These ancillary products include one magazine review and the poster for the film. For this reason, it would be necessary to search the web, and that is what I did. I found a lot of useful examples of posters, as well as magazine covers, which could be used to write a review in. Film, poster, and magazine review have to interlink with each other, as it will form the whole picture of an advanced portfolio process making.

Here are some decent examples, of already existing movies.



I have to be sure that my ancillary products will match the existing "label" of my film. According, to the examples above, the image has to be easily caught by the audience when they see it. Such big movies, like Harry Potter, or Iron Man, do not have very detailed posters, however have a big influence over audience. For example, who would not want to buy a magazine where Harry Potter simply looks inside your eyes. Such a powerful advertising seem to be very simple if you look at it closely. Therefore, I would want my ancillary products to not look too complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment