Sunday, 18 January 2015

The Creation of Music

The process of creation a music for my film involved a few technical issues. As the music cannot be copied (otherwise the copy right law would be broken) I had to create music all by myself. This process was not new to me, because during my AS production work I came across with the same problem. This time, however, was a little different from my AS experience. Because of the genre differences, A2 film required more thinking and planning in terms of the music. Furthermore, I had to create two pieces of music for my A2 work, because of the storyline. 

The programme that I used to create the music, was the same I used for AS so I was already familiar with "GarageBand". In my personal view, it is very useful and convenient programme to use, if you want to create your own music. The usefulness of "GarageBand" appear to be in the variety of different instruments that you can chose, in order to record your own track. Moreover, this handy programme, has already existing musical loops, which could be used straight away. In fact, I used those loops to create most of my track. Of course, it would have been much simpler to take already existing soundtrack, however, firstly copy- right law would be broken, and secondly, creating soundtrack by your own hands is very entertaining and enjoyable process.

After the track was recorded, it was necessary to transfer it to iTunes from GarageBand in order to transfer it even further to the programme I am using to edit my film "Final Cut Pro".  Even though it all seems complicated, in reality it is very easy process, especially if you have the necessary soft ware. From my experience, I can tell that the hardest thing in this whole process is actually choosing the right loops and notes to fit the genre of the film you are making. Additionally, the length of the soundtrack should not exceed the length of the video sequence, which that soundtrack belong to, otherwise, video will not match the sound.





No comments:

Post a Comment