Sunday, 11 January 2015

Filming Process (London)

For my A2 production work, it was necessary to film in London. The locations, in which the process of filming took place, were carefully chosen as parallel( mirroring) locations needed to be chosen in Moscow. For example, as I mentioned in my previous post, Trafalgar's square and Red square were one of those locations were I needed to film. 

Mise-en scene is a crucial part of my film, therefore, I had to make sure that the locations are the right once. Furthermore, the weather was just perfect for my story, and the misty atmosphere suited my storyboard. Here are some stills made in London:





As Mise en scene encompasses the most recognizable attributes of a film, choosing famous locations was definitely the right decision. Of, course I could just film in four random places, however, it would not be interesting for the existing audience and aftertaste of my film would be blur and unpleasant. Furthermore, in some instances, the mise-en- scene is designed to evoke emotions that permeate the whole movie. For those purposes, the atmosphere and feeling of sadness was crucial to exist in my film, as the story of my film tells it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment